Department of Mathematics and Geosciences, University of Trieste
Via Weiss 2, 34127, Trieste, Italia
Prof. Giorgio Fontolan
Prof. Franco Cucchi
Other members of the project team:
Prof. Franco Cucchi (professor)
Prof. Giorgio Tunis (professor)
Prof. Nevio Pugliese (professor)
Dr. Luca Zini (researcher)
Dr. Emanuele Forte (researcher)
Dr. Sara Biolchi (research fellow)
Dr. Francesco Treu (research fellow)
Dr. Danilo Morelli (research fellow)
Dr. Roberto Ferrarato (administrative)
The main fields of research of the Department of Mathematics and Geosciences are: hydrogeology (porous, fissured and karst aquifers), applied geology, applied coastal geomorphology, geology (stratigraphy and tectonics), paleontology, environmental geology (soil and water pollution), marine geology, sedimentology, geophysics, geochemistry and seismology. In addition to the academic and research activities, the Department also provides services to private companies and public administrations. About 30 professors and researchers, 5 laboratory technicians, 5 administrative technicians belong to the Department. Currently about 20 research fellows, contractors and PhD students collaborate to the Department. The DMG has 6 laboratories with the most modern equipments available (Laboratory of Sedimentologic analysis, Lab. of Geochemical analysis, Lab. of Isotopic analysis, Lab. of Hydrogeology, Lab. of Seismology, Lab. of Applied Geophysics).
- WP3 – Preparation of the contents for the website.
- WP4 – Development of the decision algorithm for Friuli Venezia Giulia Region in collaboration with the FVG Civil Protection.
- WP5 – Collecting data about drinking water resources and development of the GIS for Friuli Venezia Giulia Region following the GIS which was adapted for the Goriška statistic region.
- WP6 – Analysis of the hydrogeological status of the Trnovo-Banjšice plateau and of the Isonzo aquifer; mapping and development of vulnerability maps, of hazard and risk; study of the diffusion processes of contaminants; performing of tracer tests; in-field and laboratory spectrofluorimetric analysis; integration of the results into hydrogeological models, development of hydrogeological models which will be included in the GIS of the drinking water resources.
- WP9 – Contribute to the organization of the final conference, presentation of contents, drafting of scientific paper, press releases and preparation of advertising material.